Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Mini Album

So I started off making a mini album from my August Counterfeit Kit - For the Guys.  I followed a tutorial from My Sisters Scrapper for her Trifold Folio.  I used Kraft cardstock for the base of the album and medium weight chipboard. I picked from scraps from the DCWV - Sky's the Limit, Sunday Afternoon and Sweet Tangerine stacks.


All the pages are inked with Gathered Twigs,


I used the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Elastic Loops for the closure on this album. I was waiting for the Elastic Loops and finished the whole album before I punched, set the eyelet and added the loops. I used the Big Bite to get all the down the spine.



I added a piece of Recollections paper for the inside cover as I wanted the front and back inside covers to match. I made a pocket and a few tags to fit on the inside cover.


Some of the scraps had the designs on them so I cut them to be approximately 4x6, the largest is 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 then I added kraft paper and another pattern paper onto the back. I have them held in place with a paperclip with a piece of ribbon tied to it.


The first flap has a pocket on it with a couple of card like tags inside. I love the sunshine border on the pocket.

The tags are folded and all four sides are covered. The bottom of the right has a little bit of washi tape on the bottom corner.


I kept the back of the flap bare, just a piece of pattern paper.



 
Right side Pocket with tags. I kept the design of the  pages the same except for the inside front let and right pages.  


Tags for the right side, I couldn't  believe I had a piece of the rain drops with the border. I made the card to fit this piece of paper.


The right inside flap is also just a piece of pattern paper.

 Each of the flaps has a place for large tags. Front and back of the left side.


Front and back of the right side flap tags.


This is the other half of the Recollections paper. I added a stacking tag pocket to this side.


Here are the tags for the pockets.


For the inside I have a couple of mini tag pockets with a flap. I layer a couple of borders for the flap.


I kept the inside of the flap plain but added an extra piece of pattern paper to cover where I attached the flap.

The front of the mini tags.

The back of the tags and that completes this mini album. It is on its way to work. DH has an intern from the High School working for him this summer and her last day is next week. I always make something for his intern's.

As for my paper stack - honestly I have enough left I can make another mini.
I only added one piece of 12x12 pattern paper for the inside front and back as I wanted them to match, everything else was from my pile of paper scraps.

Thanks for stopping by.

August Counterfeit Kit - For the Guys

 - 12x12 Layouts
 - 8 1/2x11 Layouts
1 - Mini Albums
1 - Cards

Recipe:
Paper: Scraps from three paper pads - DCWV - Sky's the Limit, Sunday Afternoon and Sweet
Tangerine stacks; Recollections: Home Basics paper pad
Ink: Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs
Punch: Crop-a-dile - 1/4" corner rounder, Crop-a-dile Big Bite
Misc.: Adhesive, Eyelet, Paper Clip, Ribbon scrap, Score Tape,  Tim Holtz Idea-ology Elastic Loops and Washi Tape

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute mini Cindy and such a sweet gift too :) She'll love it